Further Reading for Low Tech Storage Solutions: Photographs
- Albright, Gary. “Emergency salvage of wet photographs.” Preservation Leaflets 3.7. Andover, MA: Northeast Document Conservation Center. 2007.
- The American Museum of Photography. Information About Early Photographic Processes and Preserving and Protecting Photographs.
- Canadian Conservation Institute (CCI). CCI Notes, Section 16, “Care of Photographic Materials”
- CCAHA. Resources for Photograph Preservation and Salvaging Photographs. Philadelphia, PA: Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts. 1998.
- Digital Print Preservation Portal
- Fischer, Monique and Albright, Gary, “Types of Photographs“, Andover, MA: Northeast Document Conservation Center, 2010.
- --- “A Short Guide to Film Base Photographic Materials: Identification, Care, and Duplication“, Andover, MA: Northeast Document Conservation Center, 2010.
- George Eastman House, Notes on Photographs – Processes
- Image Permanence Institute
- Adelstein, Peter Z. IPI Media Storage Quick Reference: Negatives, Prints, Tapes, CDs & DVDs. Rochester, NY: Image Permanence Institute, Rochester Institute of Technology. 2004.
- Graphic Atlas, Image Permanence Institute.
- Image Permanence Institute. A Consumer Guide for the Recovery of Water-Damaged Traditional and Digital Prints. Rochester, NY: Image Permanence Institute, Rochester Institute of Technology. 2007.
- Reilly, James. Storage Guide for Color Photographic Materials. New York: Image Permanence Institute, University of the State of New York.1998.
- Reilly, James. IPI Storage Guide for Acetate Film. Rochester, NY: Image Permanence Institute, Rochester Institute of Technology.1993.
- Rochester Institute of Technology. Image Permanence Institute. A Consumer Guide to Traditional and Digital Print Stability. Rochester, NY: Image Permanence Institute, Rochester Institute of Technology. 2003.
- Valverde Valdés, María Fernanda, and George Eastman House. “Guide for Identification and Preservation of Negative Collections,“ Photographic Negatives: Nature and Evolution of Processes. Rochester, NY: Advanced Residency Program in Photograph Conservation; Image Permanence Institute. 2003.
- Lemmen, Barbara. Housing Materials for Photographs: Criteria for Selection. Philadelphia, PA: Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts. 2011.
- National Archives of Australia (NAA), Handling and Care
- National Park Service
- Bennett, Karen and Jessica S. Johnson. “Identification of Film-Base Photographic Materials.” National Park Service Conserve O Grams, Section 14/9, Photographs. 1999.
- Hunter, John. “Chronology of Photographic Processes.” National Park Service Conserve O Grams, Section 14/3. 1993.
- National Park Service, Cold Storage.
- Reilly, James and Constance McCabe. Care and Identification of 19th-Century Photographic Prints. Rochester, NY: Eastman Kodak Company. 1986.
- Reilly, James M. The Albumen & Salted Paper Book: The history and practice of photographic printing, 1840-1895. Rochester, NY: Light Impressions Corporation. 2007 (1986). Appendix C: Guidelines for the Identification of Albumen and Salted Paper Prints
- Ritzenthaler, M. L., D. Vogt-O’Connor, et al. Photographs: archival care and management. Chicago, Society of American Archivists. 2006.
- Robb, Andrew and Fischer, Monique. Guidelines for Care & Identification of Film-Base Photographic Materials. 1993.
- Roosa, Mark. Care, Handling, and Storage of Photographs. Rev. and updated ed. International Preservation Issues No. 5. The Hague, Netherlands:IFLA-PAC. 2004.
- Severa, Joan. Dressed for the Photographer: Ordinary Americans and Fashion, 1840-1900 . 1997
- Weaver, Gawain. A Guide to Fiber-Base Gelatin Silver Print Condition and Deterioration and http://gawainweaver.com/processID
- Wilhelm, Henry. The Permanence and Care of Color Photographs: Traditional and Digital Color Prints, Color Negatives, Slides, and Motion Pictures. Knoxville, TN: Preservation Pub Co. 1993. (PDF edition available from Wilhelm Imaging Research website)
- UV Blocking - Window film articles:
- Dusan Stulik and Art Kaplan. The Atlas of Analytical Signatures of Photographic Processes. http://www.getty.edu/conservation/publications_resources/pdf_publications/atlas.html
Resource list created by Donia Conn, Preservation Consultant for Cultural Heritage Organizations - Webinar 3C Presenter